market-farming - Re: Irrigation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Irrigation
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 07:50:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 Jun 2000 08:46:24 -0500, market farming wrote:

> Recently there was talk about irrigation systems for small areas and
someone mentioned where to get them at reasonable costs. Does anyone
remember who that was or where to get them?

> Thanks,

Dripworks (www.dripworks.com) and Organic Valley (www.groworganic.com)

Both have drip irrigation supplies with reasonable prices. The dripworks
catalogue is a great primer on getting into irrigation.
In Ohio i found Wolf Creek Irrigation to be close but the service was awful.
They took a map of our farm and said the would have a design in 10 days.
That was in March and despite repeated calling we have heard nothing from
them. I wanted to buy local but with that kind of treatment we will be doing
our business with CA companies it seems. I guess a small organic farm ain't
wotrth it to WolfCreek when there are golf courses to water.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH
Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/boulderbeltcsa
Organic Farming and Gardening Forum:
http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb135705
Want Social Change? Join a CSA!

  • Irrigation, Vic & Pat Jackowsky, 06/04/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Irrigation, Lucy Goodman-Owsley, 06/04/2000
    • Re: Irrigation, five springs farm, 06/04/2000