market-farming - Re: wheelbarrows

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: wheelbarrows
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:10:9

My experience with 'fold-up' wheelbarrows...save your money!

My darlin' husband, always in a quest to save time, space, etc. decided a
fold-up would be the greatest end to 'my' clutter. I used it once, hauling
some soil (approx. 50#)12 feet away before the bottom bent leaving a 3" gap
for the soil to fall through. Great time saver, had to go back and pick up
the trail it left behind.

The next time I used it, transplanting a large Poppy bed, the pin that
holds the side up snapped off. Used it once more, can't remember what for,
and the clip on the opposite side broke off.

Today, the wonderful fold-up wheelbarrow is adding to 'my husbands'
clutter. It just wasn't tough enough to handle the smallest job.

Blessings,
Ava