market-farming - Local & Fresh & Promotions...Sampling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "delannw" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Local & Fresh & Promotions...Sampling
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 06:47:40 -0500

I like the idea of promotional sampling. With herbs, it was a good way to
let the customer take a stem home to try. They usually came back.

At the same time, I have to add that the health department here will not
allow us to cut anything and we do not do customer sampling at the market.
So, no sliced tomatoes, watermelon, etc... You can give away a whole piece
(like a whole pear or a strawberry).

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL

  • Local & Fresh & Promotions...Sampling, delannw, 05/21/2000