market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: May 11, 2000

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: marc AT aculink.net
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: May 11, 2000
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 22:12:57 -0600

> Subject: Re: creepy, crawley things
> From: Dave Bennett <dbennett AT micoks.net>
> Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 08:53:00 -0500
>

> We are having an invasion of Blue Racers this year. The population seems
> to be way up over last year. It is because it did not get cold enough
> this past winter to kill off much of the mice/rodent population they
> feed on so food is abundant. We also have a lot of bullsnakes and
> "garden" snakes. However, the blue racers concern me because they are
> kind of agressive. They don't back off when you stop to let them go on
> their way. :(
>
> --
>
> Dave Bennett

Reminds me of a time I had with a spider. It was a good
sized wolf spider or similiar arachnid that had a hole in
the prairie dirt. I looked into the hole and the spider
jumped out at me so I instinctively backed up and the darn
spided ran at me. I surprisedly backed up some more and the
spider matched my backing up. I then realized this was a
small bug and could be mooshed if I so chose so I tried an
experiment. I jumped foward and the spider jumped backwards.
This went on for a few minutes and was quite fun. I had
other stuff to do so I had to stop but as I turned and was
walking away the darn thing came after me again. The
distances covered were around 20 to 30 feet or so.

Marc S. Nameth

  • Re: market-farming digest: May 11, 2000, marc, 05/12/2000