market-farming - Re: Tulle vs row covers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Peter Worsley <pwors AT svn.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Tulle vs row covers
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 22:09:37 -0700

My experience with Plantex-C is that when used over wire hoops, it
stretches and stays tight. This looks great- it is very neat and
workmanlike looking. But as it stretches, the holes between threads
enlarge, so that small insects like flea beetles can get through to make
holes in your radish leaves (and arugula, mustard, cress, mizuna, &
tatsoi leaves).- Peter