market-farming - Re: Green Tomato Relish Recipe (looking for the pie one!)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Green Tomato Relish Recipe (looking for the pie one!)
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 16:25:16 -0400

Green Tomato Relish (grandmother's recipe)

12 lg onions
8 cups chopped green tomatoes
1/2 cup salt
6 red peppers
6 green peppers
6 cups sugar
3 cups vinegar
1 heaping TB celery seed

Heat onions, tomatoes, and salt in saucepan until boiling. Cook 5 minutes.
Drain for 1/2 hour. Combine other ingredients with drained veggies, return
to saucepan. Bring to boil, and cook 10 minutes. Seal in jars.

My grandmother never processed hers--but I do just to be safe, 10 mintues,
boiling water bath.

Liz

  • Re: Green Tomato Relish Recipe (looking for the pie one!), Liz Pike, 05/04/2000