market-farming - Re: Crows and Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "ERIC SIMMS" <ourfamilyfarm AT email.msn.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Crows and Corn
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 22:43:14 -0400

> Hi Everone
> Any one have any good ideas on keeping the crows out of my sweet corn
> field,,they picked me blind last year!!!!!!!!!!!!
> Thanks Tom In Ohio

I have never tried this but read somewhere that a farmer puts piles of
"cheap" feed corn in small piles around his fields so the crows have an easy
meal and will leave your seed corn and small plants alone. He keeps the
piles in the fields until the corn plants are large enough to not be
appetizing to the crows.
Hope this helps,
Eric Simms
Garfield, Ga.