market-farming - Re: previous message

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dayna Conner <dayna AT att.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: previous message
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 11:17:20 -0500

Thanks, Liz.  I will look into the community food systems list.

My curiosity in the market-farming list is to find appropriate ways in which successful GCP home gardeners can produce an income through small scale mini-farming, as well as food for their families.  I know it is being done in a big way in other countries, and is successful for a few folks in the US.  If anyone has ideas, thoughts or support for this, please let me know.

Dayna.

Liz Pike wrote:

 Many community gardeners are market gardeners--thus not only
providing food & sustenance for themselves, but also income.

We have a list for community gardeners in which others may be
interested.  Subscribe just as for market farming:

http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=community-foodsystems&text_mode=0

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC