market-farming - Re: Call for Presentations THE FUTURE OF OUR FOOD AND FARMS 2000

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Dayna Conner <dayna AT att.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Call for Presentations THE FUTURE OF OUR FOOD AND FARMS 2000
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:43:35 -0500

Hello Maria,

Thank you for forwarding the information (via market-farming listserv) about
the
Future of Our Food and Farms 2000. I would like to communicate with you
further
about this conference.

I work for a non-profit organization in Austin, Texas: Green Corn Project.
We are
helping people to grow food in home gardens through educating, supplying
materials, and providing labor. Our instruction focuses on deep soil
preparation
, natural fertility, and composting. We have generous donors that supply
plants,
seeds, and soil products. We also have a large volunteer base that loves to
dig!
Green Corn Project is unfunded at this time, and all staff are volunteers.

Our goal is to teach people how to grow food for themselves -- possibly the
most
direct form of community food security -- in the most sustainable manner and
with
low-tech applications. In our first year, we helped build 27 new food
gardens
for folks. This is our second year of helping people start food gardens, and
we
are so busy this Spring that we have started placing folks on a list for
Fall/Winter gardens.

I am the co-founder and executive director of Green Corn Project. I am also a
Biointensive grower, and have a personal interest in how sustainable
Biointensive
practices will factor in to agriculture in the next several decades. If
there is
any way that I can aid you with the conference, or participate in a meaningful
way, please contact me using the information below.

Best Regards,
Dayna Conner

Green Corn Project
P.O. Box 8544