market-farming - Re: More on Earthway precision seeder troubles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "ERIC SIMMS" <ourfamilyfarm AT email.msn.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: More on Earthway precision seeder troubles
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 08:38:11 -0800

> Does anyone have experience with the Precision Seeder from "After the
> Till" advertised in the most recent issue of Growing for Market? >
> ---

I got the information and the seeder looks like a very good tool. It uses a
shaft with different sized depressions as a seed plate and adjustable
brushes to control seeding rate. The Johnny's catalog sells them but notes
that they also work best in finely tilled soil. It is only for smaller seeds
up to spinach sized seeds.
Eric Simms