market-farming - Re: winter rye cover crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Culbertson <csafarm AT ecentral.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: winter rye cover crops
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:40:26 -0700

I tried this once and the cut worms seemed particularly troublesome for the
transplants. How are you going to incorporate the rye later on with
broccoli in the way? My advice is to plow down the rye, wait 2-3 weeks to
transplant, buy a professional model wheel hoe and make weed control a
priority even if it means reducing the size of your garden.