market-farming - RE: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules MAKING WORK FOR OURSELVES

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: MJ Barnes <tbarnes AT huntel.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Why We Need Standards and Market Rules MAKING WORK FOR OURSELVES
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:03:10 GMT

> What do you do with all the "certified organic" venders who go through the
paper trail, expense, etc. but still are far to the left of organic
standards.
We have Cert. growers that I know for a fact are not following the rules the
public is not getting what they expect when they buy. Lets face it being
Certified is only a piece of paper stating you had the inspector out one day
and have done your paper work. Its still up to each vendor being honest and
being able to look at your customers, in the eye, and know you are only
selling
what you say.

Marlene/Nebraska