market-farming - dairy creamery list forming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andy Lee & Pat Foreman" <goodearth AT rockbridge.net>
  • To: pasturepoultry AT onelist.com
  • Cc: "graze-l" <graze-l-digest AT vulcan.taranaki.ac.nz> , sanet <sanet-mg AT ces.ncsu.edu> , pasturedpigs AT onelist.com , market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu , dairy-l AT umdd.umd.edu
  • Subject: dairy creamery list forming
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:06:45 -0500

We've created a new list for persons interested in traditional, grass based
dairy farms that have small herds of cows, goats or sheep, and for persons
interested in small-scale dairy processing facilities that are pasteurizing
and bottling milk, and making value added dairy products such as sweet and
sour cream, soft and hard cheese, yogurt, butter, and ice cream, and who are
selling direct from their farm or within a region. We recognize other Dairy
lists presently exist, and appreciate their efforts. We feel we are
distinctly different from existing Dairy discussion groups because of our
emphasis on small-scale, grass based, value-added and direct marketing.

List moderators are Vicki Dunaway, editor of CREAMLINE, and Andy Lee, who is
building a small-scale milk processing facility in Southwestern Virginia.

Anyone can subscribe or unsubscribe by going to dairycreamery AT onelist.com.

Please introduce yourself and your interests on the list. Be respectful,
don't wander off topic, keep your messages as short as possible without
being too brief, no one liners or no brainers, and no advertising without
asking the group first. Professionals and non-professionals are welcome,
just remember not to offer advice unless you are confidant you are qualified
to do so.

Thanks,

Andy Lee
Good Earth Publications