market-farming - Re: Cut flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cut flowers
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:01:15 -0500

Chris,

I apologize for not responding sooner--another death in the
family--makes 3 for me in 2 weeks--1999 was a horror and 2000 doesn't
look too good either. Oh well, can't get anymore optimistic than
being a farmer! Anyway...

I do not use preservatives at all, and neither does my flower growing
friend who supports herself with her flowers. I figure she knows
best! The general garden varieties I grow may not be affected much
from them anyway. And my sunflowers--my staple--do not show any
difference when one is used. I experimented quite a bit with them and
decided the effort wasn't profitable.

Just what is in the preservatives--anyone know??

Liz Pike
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC
ICQ 46954468

  • Cut flowers, Chris Labeots, 02/17/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Cut flowers, Elizabeth Pike, 02/22/2000