market-farming - Job on organic farm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Glenn <glenn AT smallfarms.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, sanet-mg AT ces.ncsu.edu
  • Cc: jenrosi AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Job on organic farm
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:19:58 -1000

Hi All:

We do a fair amount of information and referral at smallfarms.com. In
addition to keeping up with what consumers and farmers are interested
in, we enjoy just talking with folks. It helps us see the faces of
farmers and people who eat food.

Organic growers in the Northeast will be particularly interested in
finding a position for the young woman whose e-mail message and address
follow. Please respond to her directly at:
<jenrosi AT yahoo.com>

> Hey Glenn, Thanks for mailing me back. I hope this is
> big enough for you . Well I will just tell you a
> little about myself and experience. First of all I
> must say that I have not worked on a farm before.
> Most of my experience has been working in green houses
> and personal gardening. I am 23 yrs old and a whole
> lot stronger than I look at 5" 3'. Basically what I
> want is to work on an organic farm to learn the trade.
> I live in nothern lower michigan and depending on the
> job I will relocate any where. Like I said I am 23
> and very flexible. I would like to start around april
> or may. I must say however that the northeast would be
> preferable for me since I am planning on relocating
> there anyway but really it depends on the job. So I
> hope this is enough info. Let me know what else I can
> do. Thanks so much for your help. Jen

  • Job on organic farm, Glenn, 02/18/2000