market-farming - Re: beekeepers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman-Owsley <goodows AT excite.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: beekeepers
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:36:31 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:22:56 -0500, market farming wrote:

> Any other beekeepers on this list? Though I have been keeping bees and
> selling honey for almost 20 years, I have plenty of questions.

I have been keeping bees for 1 year and have even more questions-just what
you wanted to hear :->. We had quite a few problems the first year with the
2 swarms and swarming and queens dieing and reodering queens and having
requeening fail. But we did get great pollination and far fewer diseases
because of the bees. found them to be really facinating animals too.

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt CSA
New Paris, OH
Website: http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/boulderbeltcsa