market-farming - cover crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: cover crops
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:02:28 -0500

Looks like I may have to lay off this year. We need to get quite a
bit of timbering done to clean out from the hurricanes. The heavy
equipment can't tiptoe around my crops. If you had to lay out your
growing space for a year/season, what would you do with it? I'm
thinking of planting & plowing 2-4 crops of buckwheat or sunn
hemp-anyone plant this?, or a combination of both. The heavy
equipment wouldn't hurt it, & it would greatly benefit the soil I need
to eventually include in my growing area.

Liz
Morningstar Gardens
Pollocksville NC

  • cover crops, Elizabeth Pike, 02/01/2000