market-farming - We need to put you guys to work :-) Was: Re: guard dogs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <london AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: We need to put you guys to work :-) Was: Re: guard dogs
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:02:42 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Maroc wrote:

<great post about Komondor dogs>

> Don Maroc
> Vancouver Island, Canada

I"ve noticed that the many incredible threads that have evolved
in market-farming have brought out much basic and refined information.

What's the possibility that a "designated spokesman" for each thread
might be willing to put together a little proto-faq on some of these
topics? A faq on recommended dog breeds for guarding livestock
and warding off predators and deer on the market farm might be really
useful. It could be updated on an ongoing basis.

I'd be happy to set up a bunch of web resources to help this along -
one being a files upload area to stash the various documents as they
evolve. I am thinking of a new website
http://metalab.unc.edu/market-farming to house all this stuff.
(anyone interested in become a MetaLab content provider and sharing
access to this URL for development purposes let me know).

I have already done a fairly complete hand tool sourcelist to which I will
add all the UBar info recently posted.

Lots of interesting possibilities (and unlimited work :-) here. This could
also help keep the list on track and threads more organized for ease of
find posts and archive searching.

Just a thought.

LL

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • We need to put you guys to work :-) Was: Re: guard dogs, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/01/2000