market-farming - Re: Farming Income Tax Preparation

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Farming Income Tax Preparation
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:07:40 -0800

Adrieana et al,

I keep my books using Quickbooks Pro. My farm chart of accounts breaks
down even finer than the categories on the Schedule F. But I'm ok with
bookkeeping, but I'm not an accountant. We hire one. His fee's deductible
in the following year as a business expense.

If you hire someone, make sure they know from farming. It's different than
other small businesses.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA