market-farming - Reminder du jour

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Reminder du jour
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:31:05 -0800

Hi all,

Wow, the list is busy! About 200 messges on Saturday and Sunday alone.
Unfortunately this may be overwhelming to some of the very friends we're
trying to keep.

Here are some things that can help.

Use snips - some of you are getting much better at this. :-)

If you have an direct, personal question of someone, ie where's your farm?
or do you know so-and-so?, or a one-line "me, too" reply, please post it
to the individual not the list.

Check the subject line before you hit send. If the subject is general ie
production methods and your reply is either specific ie biodynamic
production methods OR your picking up on a topic change ie where to get
U-bars, Please change the subject head to reflect that. for instance
Production methods - Biodynamic solutions or U-bar sources.

In the first two instances, the volumn and number of posts can be
decreased. In the third, those folks who are interested in the thread can
read it; those not can delete without opening it.

Thanks to all of you for making this the most useful and dynamic list.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA

  • Reminder du jour, Marcie Rosenzweig, 01/31/2000