market-farming - Non-hollow stem vine crops (squash, melons)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ericka & Rich Dana" <doodles AT netins.net>
  • To: Market Farming List <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, orGANicgrowing AT egroups.com
  • Subject: Non-hollow stem vine crops (squash, melons)
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:50:07 -0800

I'm looking for more of these.

We just ended a BAD year of early heat, drought, and every kind of bug, and
kiew yokes (bitter melon) made it through untouched, acorn varieties and
sugar pie pumpkins did fine, birdhouse gourds and muskmelons/cantaloupe were
OK, and everything else (5-12 varieties each of summer squash, winter
squash, melons & cucumbers mostly died, some we got one or two weeks of
harvest from, most none (and I protected, re-planted over and over, nothing
helped).

So I want to expand my list of "hardys" - got any suggestions? BTW, those
kiew yokes were AMAZING!
Ericka
--The Mighty Oak was once a little nut that held its ground.

  • Non-hollow stem vine crops (squash, melons), Ericka & Rich Dana, 01/31/2000