market-farming - Re: Weather forecasting...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Elizabeth Pike" <pike AT always-online.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Weather forecasting...
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:25:20 -0500

Interesting. The one sign I look for the most is the old "red sky at night,
sailor's delight, red sky in the morning, sailor's take warning." It has
proven extremely true. 2 days before Hurricane Floyd, the morning sunrise
was the reddest I've ever seen, though the hurricane itself was a pussycat.
In other instances, I can tell if the weather man's forecast for an upcoming
storm is really as bad as he says. It's the very first thing I look for
every single morning. I look for a freeze on nights with no clouds & no
wind & temps . If we get a frost before the middle of OctoberFollowing a
first frost in mid-October, I can usually count on 4 weeks of frostless
nights. If the frost is closer to the end of Octo