market-farming - Re: Community

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: BBGREGSON AT cs.com
  • Subject: Re: Community
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 17:20:51 -0800

>Shelley's comments about letting the community know we're here are right on.
>After the WTO inspiration---and it absolutely was for those who attended the
>"alternative" farmer day---a group of us have started to meet on Vashon
>Island to develop a new food system, starting with our community. So far
>we've a vision and mission statement and are now wondering how best to
>approach the broader community to start the wheels turning. The crucial
>linkage is consumer to farmer. Without that connection, all is lost. With
>it, all is possible.
>Bob Gregson, Island Meadow Farm, Vashon, WA

Bob,

This sounds really exciting, I'm forwarding your post to the Community
Supported Agriculture lists. You should get some great help on community
building. Here's want they are and how to subscribe.

CSA-l from prairienet. This is the original, John just unsubscribed
everyone because of the bounce-backs form bad addresses and the
unsubscribes posted to the list. FYI January and June bring huge
unsubscribe requests to all lists as students move on.

To subscribe send an e-mail to listproc AT prairienet.org with subscribe CSA-L
and your first name and last name in the message body. OR go to the website
at http://www.prairienet.org/pcsa/CSA-L/subscribing.html and fill out the
form.

The other list is the new MetaLab list started by Lawrence London whose
posts have appeared here.

To subscribe to that list send an e-mail to lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu with
subscribe csa your_name in either the subject or message body, OR go to the
website at http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=csa.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA

  • Re: Community, Marcie Rosenzweig, 01/30/2000