market-farming - Re: Netiquette - author only replies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Netiquette - author only replies
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:33:16 -0800

HI all,

I'm using EudoraPro on a Mac so this may be different for those of you
using other e-mail progarms.

Beth, you are correct. The csa-l and the others I'm on reply only to the
author and not to the entire list.

As I understand it, the standard protocol for MetaLab mailing lists is to
reply to the list when you hit reply. I think this can be changed if the
consensus of the list is to do so.

When I want to reply individually, I use my cursor to highlight the maining
address of the person who sent the massage, and copy it. Then I hit reply
and use my cursor to highlight the list address and paste the individual
address in its place.

Once I'm in the reply screen, I can highlight an delete those portions of
the original message body that aren't pertinent to my reply. Or I can
select the entire message body for deletion and just answer the question
asked.

This worked the same way when I had aol a million years ago, and when I
used Microsoft mail, and when I send a message through Netscape's mailing
command.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA