market-farming - flowers and flower pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: flowers and flower pricing
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:36:56 -0800

Donna took the words right out of my mouth, I too would like to know retail
flower pricing. I know many of you do farmer's markets are there any farm
stand people out there? "Spying" on local farm stands I noted that they
sold single sunflower flowers for $1.00 ea.
So far my planned flowers to grow this year are:
Calendula: grew them last year for the first time didn't do well do to the
drought BUT did live when some other flower didn't

Zinnia love them have grown for 2 years first year fabulous last year due to
drought didn't grow as tall
Annual Baby Breath have never grown and suggestions said very easy in
catalogue
Salvia silver grew last year never got a flower, vegetation ok
Joseph's Coat Perfecta an amarantus never grown
Two more anmaranthus Green Thumb and Pygmy Torch never grew before
Bachelor Buttons have grown in past
Cosmos grew 2 years ago, may never have to plant them again had bunch last
year didn't plant any of them
Sunflowers have grown am going to grow more this year, also had lots that re
seeded themselves last year good thing about the only good looking flower
(besides cosmos) on the place.

Have seeds coming from Fedco don't remember what! Beth PS flowers are just
a part of share this year pick your own with instructions as to how many

  • flowers and flower pricing, Hook Family, 01/28/2000