market-farming - Re: subscribing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: subscribing
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:23:17 -0500

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:28:29 -0500, "Victoria M. Bhavsar"
<toria AT pop.uky.edu> wrote:

>Forgive me for having to ask when I should know the answer -- what is the
>server name for subscribing to this list?

Frequently Asked Questions about the Market Farming discussion group
http://www.ibiblio.org/intergarden/documents/market-farming.faq

using email instead of the Web interface:

In case you do not have Web access or for any reason need to use the
email
interface, here are some key commands;

In all cases, the default server address is:
lyris AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

This is the email address to send commands to change the status of
your
account. Other addresses are shown where appropriate. Note that
commands
may be placed in either the subject line or in the body of the
message.
For some actions you have several choices of commands and you may use
the one
that suits your preferred mode.

SUBSCRIBING:
subscribe market-farming
subscribe market-farming your_name
join market-farming
join market-farming your_name
alternate address: join-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

UNSUBSCRIBING:
unsubscribe market-farming
leave market-farming
alternate address: leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

SETTING MEMBERSHIP TO DIGEST MODE:
set market-farming digest

SETTING MEMBERSHIP TO INDEX MODE:
set market-farming index

SETTING MEMBERSHIP TO DISCUSSION MODE:
set market-farming mail

TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING MAIL FROM THE LIST: set market-farming nomail

RESUMING MAIL FROM THE LIST:
set market-farming mail
set market-farming digest
set market-farming index

You may subscribe as an e-mail list, a digest of that list or just
gain
access to the usegroup which gives you access to posts from the web
but
doesn't deliver them to your mailbox. If you lack web access, or the
e-mail commands don't seem to work, e-mail any of the list owners for
assistance.

More on this:

Everyone can configure the way the list's output is presented to them.

Just follow these steps:

Go to:
http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=market-farming
Enter the email ID you used to subscribe to the list with and your
password if you subscribed with one, then click on the 2 buttons to
enter the list proper.

Then click on the "Your Settings" button .....

Then open the Status options pull-down menu .....

and pick the receive mail option that suits you;
the DIGEST option allows you to receive one message
per day containing all the messages posted to the list for that day.

And more:

You can set your user configuration to send you combined daily posts
as a digest. See the FAQ for specific instructions or just go to the
web page for the list, login and make the changes there.
The FAQ is located here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/market-farming.faq
and you can login at:
http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=market-farming
or browse/search/read the message archives without logging in at:
http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?visit=market-farming

Lawrence F. London, Jr.<->Venaura Farm<->ICQ#27930345
mailto:lflondon AT mindspring.com<->mailto:london AT ibiblio.org
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech<->http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/intergarden/orgfarm<->http://www.freetibet.org
PRESERVE AND PROTECT OUR LAND, SOIL, WATER, AIR & WILDLIFE

  • Re: subscribing, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 01/18/2001