market-farming - The spam thread should take a nosedive into the bit bucket & thanks in advance for letting it end quietly

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: The spam thread should take a nosedive into the bit bucket & thanks in advance for letting it end quietly
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 23:10:53 -0500

The spam thread should take a nosedive into the bit bucket & thanks in
advance for letting it end quietly. I am sure Betsey's post was an
innocent mistake. In the permaculture list, with 220 subscribers at
the time, someone sent in a file nearly 5 megabytes in size! Big
problem for a lot of people and costly ISP fees for some. Be glad that
has never happened here. This one was the result of an errant message
created in a word processor containing huge amounts of control codes
and other proprietary WP data, sent as a file attachment. The user
just couldn't be bothered with taking the time to learn how their mail
client and WP worked. Anyway can we wage peace and end the
spam thread?

Many thanks,

Lawrence
market-farming list owner
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflondon AT mindspring.com
london AT metalab.unc.edu
http://www.ibiblio.org/london
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture

  • The spam thread should take a nosedive into the bit bucket & thanks in advance for letting it end quietly, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/11/2000