market-farming - Re: Biodynamic Is:

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Biodynamic Is:
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 14:44:28 -0400

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:36:36 -0400, Hugh Lovel <uai AT alltel.net> wrote:

>Lawrence London writes,
>

>>I will do so. The permaculture scene is affected similarly but would
>>benefit from maintenance of the copyright on permaculture and its
>>teaching and certification standards by the Permaculture Institute
>>USA, empowered by Bill Mollison, owner of the copyright, to do so.
>>There are too many who would benefit financially from PC who would
>>not uphold the standards and end up diluting the design science and
>>changing it for the worse; same with organic. The situation with BD
>>seems different though.
>>

>Yes, Lawrence,
>
>The situation in biodynamics is one where the most innovative
>paractitioners at the cutting edge of the art are threatened with censure
>and objection to their use of the term biodynamic. And the objection is
>coming from a segment of the biodynamic community that with the full
>history of 75 years behind them currently has around 50 certified growers
>in North America. Is that stodgy and conservative or what?
>
>This is not about protecting biodynamics from those who would water it
>down. Just the opposite.

I agree totally. Seems they are inhibiting the acceptance and practice
of biodynamic farming at the level of professional farming thus
depriving many honest, committed and skilled BD practitioners of their
fair market share and making it potentially more difficult to sustain
their lifestyle and chosen profession.

LL
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO

  • Re: Biodynamic Is:, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/04/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Biodynamic Is:, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/05/2000
    • Re: Biodynamic Is:, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 07/05/2000