market-farming - Re: Tanglefoot

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Tanglefoot
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:53:37 -0400

On Fri, 12 May 2000 10:45:07 -0500, Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
wrote:

>And I've been wondering if there is a cheaper, easier to use, more
>readily available, substitute for tanglefoot in this application.

Melt pinesap, add linseed oil, let congeal - apply to trap surface.
If it repels rather than attracts insects then use it to refinish your
dining room table but reboil and add beeswax, paraffin, rendered
animal fat (beef, lamb) and maybe a little turpentine.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO

  • Re: Tanglefoot, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/12/2000