market-farming - Re: A lurker taking the plunge with compost question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: A lurker taking the plunge with compost question
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 19:48:49 -0500

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:27:08 -0800, Bitbybit <bitbybit AT eoni.com>
wrote:

>Needless to say, I have a lot of manure around. Does anyone think it
>would be worthwhile to build a big compost bin and fill it with the
>manure from the various animals, age it, then sell it?

It is worth its weight in gold, _to you_ as a farmer. Put all of it on
your land - on no-till raised beds within a cover cropping scheme.
There have been threads on this topic recently.
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: A lurker taking the plunge with compost question, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/25/2000