market-farming - Re: on-farm poultry processing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: on-farm poultry processing
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:27:22 -0500

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:04:50 -0500, "Andy Lee & Pat Foreman"
<goodearth AT rockbridge.net> wrote:

>One of the things I find most annoying on this list, is the number of people
>who offer an opinion without either the experience or knowledge to back it
>up. If you don't know the answer, then please don't guess. It wastes our
>time with conjecture, and is confusing, misleading and downright unfair.

>This list has a tremendous amount of misinformation, most of which I ignore.
>But, this poultry thing is serious business to me and its important that
>information is factual.

I would like to back Andy up on this; I really don't think anyone here
should feel offended. I'd like to think that all of us can cooperate
with one another to make market-farming useful for everyone in one way
or another while making a conscious effort to prepare our posts wisely
and with accuracy. I guess someone should write a set of usage
guidelines for us to follow to be added to the Faq.The list can and
should remain friendly and to a certain extent provide a place for
market and home growersto socialize and provide support for each
other. Market-farming has rapidly become one of the Web's best
resources. It should be obvious that any really good forum can be
turned into a nearly useless one quicker than you can imagine if users
aren't mindful of what they post.

I'd like to hear feedback (for a while) from all subscribers as to
what you all want out of this list and how we can all work together
to make it the ideal forum to serve our needs. So far m-f has amazed
me with the quality and variety of posts; all the threads were
extremely interesting and immensely valuable. Maybe we just need to
fine tune the methods we use to make it work for us.

Cheers,

Lawrence

co-owner of market-farming with:
Elizabeth Pike (pike AT always-online.com)
and
Marcie Rosenzweig (fullcircle AT ips.net)

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: on-farm poultry processing, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/24/2000