market-farming - Re: this must be my fault...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: this must be my fault...
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:09:22 -0500

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:41:50 -0800, "Ericka & Rich Dana"
<doodles AT netins.net> wrote:

>I'm so sorry - I caused all this trouble by posting that article about the
>farmworker chemical poisoning. Before I decided to do that I did a lot of
>double checking to see WHO is on the m-f list, and who is on Sanet, and I
>haven't seen hardly any of the same people. I don't know who is duplicating
>if they don't post, though.

No problem at all.

>So, maybe I'm mistaken that a lot of the m-f list folks (like me, a number
>of years ago) need a lot more info. now and then on important (food-safety,
>farm-safety) issues - especially when they are just starting out.

You're not mistaken about that but sanet-mg is there for exactly the
purpose you described and does an amazing job of disseminating those
resources; they also have _many_ hundreds of subscribers from all over
the world. There's really no need for this list to serve that purpose
also and sanet should not be the place to go for ongoing, robust
market production discussion.

>When potential customers (CSA or market) ask new farmers questions about
>certain aspects of growing food that might help them (the customers) decide
>whether to go with sustainable farm-direct produce or stick with the big
>grocery store chains for their "fresh" groceries, these news items and
>informational articles can be VERY handy as honest MARKETING TOOLS, among
>other things.

You will find so much more of this information, from so many reliable
and well-informed sources from all over the world, and so well
researched and prepared, in sanet.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: this must be my fault..., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/20/2000