market-farming - Re: Question on plasticulture.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon AT mindspring.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Question on plasticulture.
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:35:26 -0500

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:40:47 -0500, hmdrawrod AT pipeline.com wrote:

>acres. I have investigated the plastic laying machines and bed formers. Does
>any one have any experiance with these? I'm not sure of the procedure. How
>well does the ground have to be worked before you can use a bed former? We
>have a clay/loam soil, (very productive), and when dry is a fine crumbly
>texture almost like coffee grounds. Looking forward to any of you relating
>experiance good or bad?

Sounds like you have dream soil. I have Georgeville silt loam, also
very productive but tends to dry out quickly, unlike clay loam.

This company has various tractor-mounted equipment for
production vegetable farming; tillage (see the Yeomans plows!)
, bedding, hilling, plastic mulch laying, etc. I think they are the
only US dealer for the Yeomans plow - the single best plow/cultivator
made, the Soil Saver to follow second (for small-medium acreage
intensive operations). Their prices are right.

Market Farm Implement
257 Hollow Road
Friedans, Pennsylvania, 15541
Phone: 814-443-1931
Fax: 814-445-2238
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm
intergarden.com InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon AT mindspring.com london AT metalab.unc.edu

  • Re: Question on plasticulture., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 02/20/2000