machinist - [machinist] Advise on turning with steady rests - Turning with C-type steady rests without tailstock

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] Advise on turning with steady rests - Turning with C-type steady rests without tailstock
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 23:02:50 -0400

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/turning-c-type-steady-rests-without-tailstock-355119/

"If I was turning that shaft I'd prefer a conventional three point steady. If that came out it would be a pretty interesting episode. Make sure you tighten the chuck really tight and the steady is set up perfectly. Steadies can encourage the job to begin walking out of the chuck if they're not set up correctly."

  • [machinist] Advise on turning with steady rests - Turning with C-type steady rests without tailstock, Lawrence London, 09/22/2018