machinist - [machinist] Stefan Gotteswinter - Modelengineering, Machining and Toolmaking in the Homeshop

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] Stefan Gotteswinter - Modelengineering, Machining and Toolmaking in the Homeshop
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 03:47:43 -0400

Stefan Gotteswinter - Modelengineering, Machining and Toolmaking in the Homeshop
http://www.gtwr.de/

Stefan Gotteswinter - Modelengineering, Machining and Toolmaking in the Homeshop

Just a guy working in his basement shop.

German version

Youtube Channel

Youtube - Stefan Gotteswinter

Instagram

Instagram - Stefan Gotteswinter

Updates

15-03-2018: Tips for high precision work by Precision Instruments
Precision Instruments, a maker of high precision air bearings posted a list of 50 tidbits for precision engineering/machining on their website:
Precision Instrumens - 50 Tidbits (External link)

26-02-2018: Home Shop Machinists Podcast, Schaublin compound rebuild
A bit late, but another episode of the HSM Podcast has been released:
Home Shop Machinists Podcast – Episode 15 – Snowed, Towed, and Tooled

Also I did a rebuild on a Schaublin 102 compound slide for a customer, the process is documented here: Rebuilding a Schaublin 102 compound slide

I have a two part video series on the process too:
Rebuilding a Schaublin 102 compound slide - Part 1
Rebuilding a Schaublin 102 compound slide - Part 2

17-01-2018: Home Shop Machinists Podcast, Resizing a bearing race
Another episode of the HSM-Podcast was released, this time it was a full house. Not only Justin and Max, but also Max brother Thayer and father Fred and myself where guest.
Very fun episode to record, with some minor technical difficulties. We talk gunsmithing, Cad, current projects, cnc lathes, hope that Max can get into his shop in 2018 and much more. And cartalk.
Home Shop Machinists Podcast – Episode 14 – Phillipsed

For a customer I had to resize the outer race of a ball bearing to match the diameter of a router bit (woodworking).
Ball bearing - Reducing the diameter of a stock ball bearing

History

Shop equipment

  • The shop
  • Small machines and accessories
  • Lathe µkroDreh 075-550
  • Milling machine Optimum MB4
  • Shaper Gack HE20
  • Engraving machine Deckel G1L
  • Surface grinder LIP515
  • Isel Miniflat i-TM 40-2 Cnc Router
  • D-Bit Grinder Holzmann UWS3
  • Unknown 4x6 Bandsaw
  • Projects

  • Small projects that are not worth a dedicated projectsite
  • Customer Projects
  • ER25 collet block
  • Indicator clamp
  • Tripan parting tool holder
  • Ball turning tool for my 10x22 lathe
  • Adapter plate to mount a chuck onto a rotary table
  • Universal micrometer with exchangable anvils
  • Chamfering machine
  • Box parallel/Setup cube
  • Swiveling angle head for the milling machine
  • Toolmakers magnets
  • Lathe chuck backstop
  • Toolmakers block
  • Tripan toolholders
  • Cylindrical grinding attachement
  • Rotary Broach
  • Solid indicator stand
  • Sine dresser
  • Links, Book recommendations and other resources

    Downloads (manuals, plans, etc.)

    Random thoughts and rants

  • A loose collection of shop tips
  • Magnetic Chuck on the lathe?
  • Mist coolant systems
  • 2017 Richard King scraping class in Denmark
  • 2017 Richard King scraping class in Germany
  • FAQ and Contact Informations

    My public email adress is in the Frequently asked Questions - Please take time and go through those before you email me, maybe your Question is already answered there. If you find a mistake on my website or I am totaly wrong on a topic, please feel free to email me.

    • [machinist] Stefan Gotteswinter - Modelengineering, Machining and Toolmaking in the Homeshop, Lawrence London, 04/04/2018