machinist - [machinist] Supporting a surface plate. Practical Machinist discussion threads on this topic.

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] Supporting a surface plate. Practical Machinist discussion threads on this topic.
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 23:40:50 -0500

Supporting a surface plate. Practical Machinist discussion threads on this topic.

Supporting a surface plate - Practical Machinist

Jan 16, 2010 - I have two small granite surface plates , and I'm wondering how much effort I should put into stands or supports for them. No stand ... Surface plates should be mounted on a stand with a 3 point support. Usually 3 ... Dont remember the name, maybe epdm or vinyl chloride, but you can buy blocks of it. I got it ...
--

  • [machinist] Supporting a surface plate. Practical Machinist discussion threads on this topic., Lawrence London, 02/08/2018