machinist - [machinist] EDM & drilling out broken drill - prep center drill to drill on outside

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] EDM & drilling out broken drill - prep center drill to drill on outside
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 00:18:18 -0400

Brian Alan Whatcott It's slow alright - but goes through anything! heres a home built! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRPmSgfIJqY
In this video, I demonstrate a Small Hole EDM constructed from a bastardized solenoid type doorbell, a desk lamp and a 24v 1.8A electric bicycle battery char...
· Reply ·
1
· 3 hrs
Remove
Sterling N. Schmidt
Sterling N. Schmidt I take the broken center drill, grind out the center of it so it cuts around the broken piece, and slowly cut out the mistake. I use a cutoff disk in a grinder to do the shaping. You have to sharpen the "flutes" of the tapered part just on the very top. Takes a little doing, but drills out broken bits pretty good without junking up your part.
· Reply ·
1
· 2 hrs

--

  • [machinist] EDM & drilling out broken drill - prep center drill to drill on outside, Lawrence London, 09/29/2017