machinist - [machinist] (118) Stefan Gotteswinter - YouTube

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] (118) Stefan Gotteswinter - YouTube
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 22:56:51 -0400

Video Uploads

https://www.youtube.com/user/syyl/videos?shelf_id=1&sort=dd&view=0

Website:

http://www.gtwr.de/

Stefan Gotteswinter - Modelengineering, Machining and Toolmaking in the Homeshop

Just a guy working in his basement shop.

German version

Youtube Channel

Youtube - Stefan Gotteswinter

Instagram

Instagram - Stefan Gotteswinter

Updates

04-07-2017: Home Shop Machinists Podcast, New project category, one year anniversary of this website
Justin and Max released a new episode of their podcast!
Home Shop Machinists Podcast – Episode 7 – Work Holding

I added a section for work that I did for friends or customers:
Customer Projects

And something to celebrate - at least for me ;-) - This website is in this form online for over one year now. The feedback I got for this style of website was very good, you, my readers for the most part seem to like the simple, minimalistic style of this site and the quality of the content.
Thanks to all of you who read this website, sent me feedback (Sorry. I can not answer each individual email, but I read them all.) or linked my site from somewhere else.
Without you, the readers, this site would be useless.

14-06-2017: Home Shop Machinists Podcast – Episode 6
I was for a second time guest to the Home Shop Machinist Podcast, joining Justin and Max, talking shop, scraping, beer, Makita and Bosch tools and books:
Home Shop Machinists Podcast – Episode 6 – All Scraped Up

12-06-2017: Scraping Videos
I did a first pair of scraping videos, showing the tools, the basic principle of scraping, how to read the blueing on the part and how to sharpen the scraper:
Basic Scraping: Flat Surfaces – Part 1

Basic Scraping: Flat Surfaces – Part 2

Thanks to Richard King for his class and his encouragement – If you want to learn hands on scraping a class with him is absolutely a good idea, he will teach you a proven technique that allowed him to make a living of rebuilding machines.

Handscraping.com

There is also a video on the Denmark scraping class I attended in April 2017 availible.

History

Shop equipment

  • The shop
  • Small machines
  • Lathe µkroDreh 075-550
  • Milling machine Optimum MB4
  • Shaper Gack HE20
  • Engraving machine Deckel G1L
  • Surface grinder LIP515
  • D-Bit Grinder Holzmann UWS3
  • Unknown 4x6 Bandsaw
  • Projects

  • Small projects that are not worth a dedicated projectsite
  • Customer Projects
  • ER25 collet block
  • Indicator clamp
  • Tripan parting tool holder
  • Ball turning tool for my 10x22 lathe
  • Adapter plate to mount a chuck onto a rotary table
  • Universal micrometer with exchangable anvils
  • Chamfering machine
  • Box parallel/Setup cube
  • Swiveling angle head for the milling machine
  • Toolmakers magnets
  • Lathe chuck backstop
  • Toolmakers block
  • Tripan toolholders
  • Cylindrical grinding attachement
  • Rotary Broach
  • Links, Book recommendations and other resources

    Downloads (manuals, plans, etc.)

    Random thoughts and rants

  • A loose collection of shop tips
  • Magnetic Chuck on the lathe?
  • Mist cooleant systems
  • FAQ and Contact Informations

    My public email adress is in the Frequently asked Questions - Please take time and go through those before you email me, maybe your Question is already answered there. If you find a mistake on my website or I am totaly wrong on a topic, please feel free to email me.

    • [machinist] (118) Stefan Gotteswinter - YouTube, Lawrence London, 07/10/2017