machinist - [machinist] New MULTIFIX kids on the block...

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] New MULTIFIX kids on the block...
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 20:14:15 -0400

New MULTIFIX kids on the block...
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/new-multifix-kids-block-280652/

I am sure to know that there are a lot of MULTIFIX / MULTI-SUISSE / WECHSELFIX and "look-alike" QCT systems among us. Recently a few European producers have started to produce some interesting alternatives to the known "NOT VERY CHEAP EUROPEAN QUALITY MULTIFIX SYTEMS" (t.i. an understatemant ofcourse). It may be of interest to you all to at least give these systems a look to determine if they could be of use to you. I'll post some pistures tomorrrow.

<>

Here's a review I wrote a few years ago about a Chinese clone of Multifix made by Create Tool. I said it was pretty good then and a few years of use in the shop has given me no reason to change my mind. They are 1/2 to 1/4 the price of the European makers I researched at the time.

Multifix Toolholder Clone Review

The fit, finish, and function is good and they interchange vith my 1972 Enco system very well but I did have to elongate the 10 mm ID clamping features in the holders a little for readier tool change. The most likely weak point of Asian import stuff is metallurgy and heat treatment. The tool holders is checked were just short of file hard and show no more than light polish and minor scuffing at points of wear.

I do not suggest those who insist on "quality above all" buy them because the stigma of "Asian import goods" hangs prepetually over them regardless of objective merit. They would, I am sure, be so much happier with the genuine goods to the point they need not disparage what they may preceive as rightly beneath their ken.

The rest of us may find the Create Tool clone of the Multifix system satisfactory for home shop and light commercial use.

Original Multifix--Create Tool - Toolholder expert ---- Multifix toolpost toolholder | CNC toolholder | QCTP 40 Position QUICK CHANGE TOOL POST HOLDER for Lathe l Best quality Multifix l Good quality Multifix l Manufacturer Multifix l Supplier Multif

  • [machinist] New MULTIFIX kids on the block..., Lawrence London, 06/25/2017