machinist - [machinist] Multifix Toolholder Clone Review

machinist@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Machinist

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: machinist@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [machinist] Multifix Toolholder Clone Review
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:38:43 -0500

Multifix Toolholder Clone Review
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/multifix-toolholder-clone-review-222390/

The one snag with the Create Tool holder was the clamping feature was too close. With the original Multifix you released the clamp and there was ample clearance to snatch out the tool holder to replace it with another. With the Create Tool holder the fit is so snug the holder has to be juggled a bit then slid carefully up or down. If you hurry it will bind. This means tool changes may be thirty seconds in stead of five and a PITA.

The Create Tool line covers the full Multifix range from Aa (suited tto 4" to 7" swing to D (suited for 30" and larger) and they ovver the full range of holders except for the threading versions with the tool retraction lever.

Here is a link: http://createtool.com/list.asp?cid=33
Import clones of the Multifix are available from Shars who advertize here.

From the above I conclude the Create Tool is close in quality and utility to the Swiss made original Multifix toolholder. I would reccommend it for the home shop owner or a commercial shop where 8/5 heavy service was not a factor. If the service was heavy and reliability was a controlling fgactor I would suggest going with the more expensive Swiss made Multifix. Sometimes paying 4x the price of the cheap stuff to buy the really good stuff is a bargain.

Shop wisely.
Last edited by Forrest Addy; 03-25-2011 at 08:03 PM.

  • [machinist] Multifix Toolholder Clone Review, Lawrence London, 02/12/2014