lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 3

  • From: bai.xiaoyu AT gmail.com
  • To: "Scot Hacker" <shacker AT berkeley.edu>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Lyceum-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 3
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:17:53 +0800

Lyceum? That's hard to believe. You guys *can't* be configuring spam
plugins per-blog, can you?

My community is very small and so far hasn't been spammed. Besides,
wordpress.com is blocked in China so no way to get an askimet account.

We prefer another solution. What we would propose is a comment closer,
a system wide / per-blog plug-in can close comments that are a
week|month|year old. Comments are closed in a cron hook
daily|weekly|monthly|annually.

Drupal has a module for this http://drupal.org/node/14524

The idea is author only has to worry about few recently published
articles, older articles don't accept comments automatically,
therefore, no risk of being spammed.