lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] what should we name the forums?

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] what should we name the forums?
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:52:42 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Adam Geller wrote:

Why are some aspects of the ever-expanding lyceum world accessible by
sub(sub) domain and others by trailing directory designation? I understand
the internal vs. external aspect, but I think we should just pick one way
and stick with it. All naming conventions are meant to do only one thing:
provide immediate access to particular content.

the subdomains are for services with their own information architecture, software, and databases. if we need to move any of them in the future, we can do it transperantly. (right now they are all on the same box-- maybe in the future we will need a box just for the wiki).

I vote forum without an s

As do most other people. It is decided!!

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/