lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] installation problems

  • From: "Harris, Mike" <mike.harris AT cowetaschools.net>
  • To: <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] installation problems
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:28:42 -0400

I have installed the Lyceum blog several times.  I can get to the http://triton.cowetaschools.net/wp-admin/install.php file and go through the installation without any problems.  The database tables are created and every thing appears to be set up correctly as shown below:

Adding option siteurl.
Adding option new_users_can_blog.
Adding option users_can_register.
Adding option gzipcompression.
Adding option db_version.
Adding option wp-content_file_path.
Adding option fileupload_base_url.
Adding option email_structure.
Adding option admin_ips.
Adding option restrict_admin_ip.
Adding option active_system_plugins.
Adding option blog_charset.
Adding option html_type.
Adding option presentation_tab.
Adding option system_admin_email.

Username

admin

Password

bad735

Login address

login

System options control panel:

http://triton.cowetaschools.net/system-admin/settings.php

However, when I click on the login link or the Systems options control panel, I get a HTTP 404 page cannot be found error.  I get the same error when I browse to the blog home page and click on the Register, Log In, and Log Out links.

I am running a Windows Server 2003 server, Apache 2.0.50, PHP/5.16, and MySQL 5.0.

I’m guessing that my problem is due to an error in my directory structure but I’ve tried several different variations and can’t get it right.

httpd.conf configuration:

DocumentRoot "c:/www/lyceum/src/lyceum"

<Directory "c:/www/lyceum/src/lyceum">

Wp-config.php: (this file sits under C:\www\Lyceum\src\lyceum\config)

// Something like '' or '/lyceum' or '/src/lyceum'

define('WEBROOT', '');

// The IP address or equivalent domain name of the server (MUST have 1 or more periods - 'localhost' will not work!)

define('MAINDOMAIN', 'triton.cowetaschools.net');

define('DEFAULTBLOG', false);

private.php configuration:

//  To have all files live inside /src/lyceum/:

//    [1] Move /src/lib, /src/config, and /src/installation into /src/lyceum/

//    [2] comment this out

//define('PRIVATE_REL_PATH', '../');

//    [3] uncomment this

define('PRIVATE_REL_PATH', './');

I know this is a lot of information but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me make some sense out of this.

Regards,

Mike Harris

Webmaster, Coweta County Schools