lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Multi-domain Lyceum

  • From: <lyceum AT d-sh.org>
  • To: <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Multi-domain Lyceum
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 15:29:34 +0200

Hi John and others,

I found your conversation in the mailinglist archive.

I am currently studying Lyceum, and it seems like a very good solution for a
current project of mine. However, the multiple domain option Shahrooz talks
about is an absolute must for me.

I was wondering, reading your reply about the sharing of the user database
when setting up a "multi-domain" lyceum system using mod_rewrite, what would
the exact consequences be? What would be the disadvantages of a shared user
database? I am quite new to lyceum, so I can't really judge it from where im
standing now.

For instance, if I would set this up, and have something like a newsletter
plugin installed on my users blogs, would that mean they would all share the
same registered users? Or does the user database only hold data about the
admins of the blogs and the lyceum superadmin?

Thanks in advance,

Bas

>> Any chance you can point me in the right direction on how to configure
>> Lyceum to manage blog networks on multiple domains?
>>
>> From what I understand, I would have to set it up such that lyceum is
>> hosted under a subdomain itself. Is this true?

>Lyceum does not support this directly at this point. It can probably done
>relatively easily using mod_rewrite to direct domains to various
>example.com/slug addresses. However, all of the sites would have the same
>user database.

  • [Lyceum-users] Multi-domain Lyceum, lyceum, 10/09/2006