lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Trying to install on windows

  • From: Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Trying to install on windows
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:31:19 -0400

You didn't state if you were running IIS or apache, but if it's apache then you can find help concerning mod_rewrite on the wiki at http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Troubleshooting

As for the server requirements, Apache is not truly the requirement, URL rewriting is - while IIS does not come with rewriting capability, there are modifications you can get such as Ionic's ISAPI Rewrite Filter
http://cheeso.members.winisp.net/IIRF.aspx

- Jameson

Chris Bloom wrote:
Those folders are "virtual folders" that require Apache <http://httpd.apache.org/>'s mod_rewrite module to work. I had the same trouble a few days ago. Apparently there is no way to get around this in the current version.

Lyceum admins- can you please add Apache to the list of requirements.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Bloom
President
Mae Data
102 Eagle Drive
Douglas, MA 01516
508-476-0018
http://www.maedata.com/

on 7/27/2006 3:47 PM Sebastian P. sez:
I am trying to test lyceum on windows before uploading
to my server.
I have installed tables and looks like the application
is done. I received my login and password and login
address, which is pointing to directory "login" :
http://127.0.0.1/lyceum/src/lyceum/login

I can type in my browser
http://127.0.0.1/lyceum/src/lyceum and I get the
welcome page then I have 3 links : register, login,
logout. If a click on login it gives me 404, checking
directory structure, login and register diretories do
not exist.
should lyceum create any directories during
installation ? or what is exactly lyceum looking for?

thank you.