lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] Apache required? It doesn't say so in your requirements...

  • From: Chris Bloom <chris AT maedata.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] Apache required? It doesn't say so in your requirements...
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:01:48 -0400

I've been tinkering with a few multi-user blog systems to use on our Intranet and I was excited to find one that was based on WordPress. I looked through your site and read over all of the available documentation before deciding to download a trial version. I was able to install properly and got up and running, but only afterwards did I discover that you rely very heavily on .htaccess files for redirection and url rewriting.

No where in your online or offline documentation did I find any reference to Apache as a requirement (or that IIS isn't supported). Please either update your documentation to confirm this, or allow us to disable the use of .htaccess/url rewriting. I was excited when I cam across Lyceum because it didn't appear to require Apache as MU WordPress does.

I'll look for a way to proceed without the .htaccess. Hopefully it won't require too many hacks :(

Regards,

--

Chris Bloom