lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] utter failure

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] utter failure
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 15:44:55 -0400 (EDT)

I bet it's an issue with mod_rewrite (i.e., .htaccess) not being active. Mention that in your ticket to ibiblio.

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Jameson Lopp wrote:

A 500 error is generic error which translates as, "The actual error
could not be displayed in your browser. Please check your server error
log for the actual error." Thus you'd have to check apache's error.log
file to see what exactly is going wrong. I'm not sure if you have access
to them directly on ibiblio; I would imagine the log file location is
something like /var/log/apache/error.log or /var/log/httpd/error.log. If
you can't figure it out, one of the admins at ibiblio should be able to
tell you.

- Jameson

tom poe wrote:
I feel so good when my computer does its' automagick stuff. I feel so
bad, when I install Lyceum. I got to step 2, once I ran command:
chmod -R 777 lyceum
, but when I got email congratulating me, it's all downhill. 500 errors
on every page I attempted to access, including the link from the email.
How do I sort out all the 500 errors? What is a 500 error? Tom