lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] severe permissions problems on lyceum

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Tom Poe <tompoe AT fngi.net>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] severe permissions problems on lyceum
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 17:56:26 -0400 (EDT)

whoops, i meant to say 0.32

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, John Joseph Bachir wrote:

tom-

the trunk was in a pretty unstable state when you checked it out, as it
still is now. try installing 0.33 and let us know how it goes.

john

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Tom Poe wrote:

I did the svn checkout. I scp all files up to
ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/ site. I checked, and all hidden files
were transferred. I followed bavatuesdays' instructions, modifying as
necessary, and achieved installation

I then ran into permissions problems, on the step two page. I received
an email, and clicked on the link to take me to
lyceum/wp-admin/settings.php, but get 404 error. I then got hysterical,
and started chmodding directories and files, attempting to get
permissions under control. At this point, I'm contemplating working
through every single directory, and changing permissions to 777. Is
there a better suggestion?

Here's an abbreviated run of what I did. It may not make sense, as I
have not edited it for human consumption. :)
Use command:
#> svn checkout http://source.ibiblio.org/svn/lyceum/trunk

On personal computer. Next,
#> scp -r trunk tompoe AT login.ibiblio.org:html/lyceum1

site access command:
#> ssh tompoe AT login.ibiblio.org

cd lyceum1

lyceum1> ls
dev doc src tests

Next, cd src
src>
bin config installation lib lyceum

follow instructions at: http://bavatuesdays.com/?p=73

after all is done, I typed:
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/lyceum1/src/lyceum/wp-admin/install.php
in my browser, and the following message came up:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in
/public/html/studioforrecording/lyceum1/src/config/wp-config.php on line 6

I changed the following:
define('LYCEUMDEBUG', true); // from false to true
define('WEBREINSTALL', true); // from false to true

Without luck. I will now back up and remove tables from database.
blogs |
| categories |
| comments |
| linkcategories |
| links |
| options |
| post2cat |
| postmeta |
| posts |
| postsearch |
| sessions |
| usermeta |
| users

I then reset the changes to define lines above, and got the same error.

I then went into wp-config.php and changed comment line on line 6 to
ensure it did not spill over to two lines. When I reran install.php
address in browser, the error changed to:
/public/html/studioforrecording/lyceum1/src/lyceum must be writable by
the webserver.

I returned to the steps for changing permissions on certain files, and,
instead of 775, I used 777, then refreshed install.php address in
browser. I was successful.

When the install.php page came up, it had a link for documentation
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/lyceum1/src/lyceum/readme.html
I could not reach it, so changed file to chmod 775, and it came up.

I clicked on Step One, and got my tables installed, and the following:

Username
admin
Password
[password here]

The link
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/lyceum1/src/lyceum/system-admin/settings.php
produced a 404 error

When I clicked on login link, I received a 404 error, and when I clicked
the back button, it brought up the page that says I'm already
installed. This means we need to change how the user goes to the site
created.

Register link, logon link, logout link all return 404 errors. Chmodding
stupid directories to 777

<http://bavatuesdays.com>

--
John