lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Frontend blog

  • From: fusion AT ibiblio.org
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Frontend blog
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:44:59 -0400 (EDT)

I have been testing this out (hadn't tried enabling subdomains until friday)
and I find that the
DEFAULTBLOG setting functions correctly, the actual problem is using
www.mydomain.com with
subdomains enabled. Without knowing how your domain is registered and
whatnot, my first guess is
that you don't have an explicit DNS entry set for the www subdomain. What is
obviously happening
is that the www subdomain is being interpreted as a lyceum subdomain by the
server, so you are
going to want to force the server to point www to your main site (the same
one as mydomain.com).
I know for the domains I own, my domain provider has a configuration page at
which I can
explicitly create subdomains for my top level domains and it takes care of
the DNS entries. So the
best advice I can offer is for you to contact the entity which you use to
register your domain
name...

- Jameson