lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Mac OS installation breakdown - 404 at end ofinstall

  • From: Brady J.Frey <brady AT dotfive.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Mac OS installation breakdown - 404 at end ofinstall
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:37:15 -0700

>> I can document the steps I followed, provide directory listings,
>> screenshots, and the like. But I will start with just tossing the
>> final result out to the list here to see if the problem is obvious:
>>
>> Everything works perfectly until the very last step
>>
>> /wp-admin/install.php?step=2
>>
>> When I click on login, I get a 404 error.
>>
>> Checking the root path, I don't see a login.php file.
>>
>> Where did the installation for the main blog get created? What might
>> I have done wrong here? What do the more experienced folks need to
>> know to help?

I'm running one on a tiger 10.4.6 server without major troubles on the
installation (I had a few minor ones I had to step around) -- but to tell you
the truth, when I ran the installation, I did not get that main blog working
properly at all -- I installed multiple sub blogs that interacted with the
main system just fine, but I rebuilt the portal page to just my own code;
that's what you're meaning, the portal section which is not really a blog? Or
are you talking about the initial installation fails for you?

  • Re: [Lyceum-users] Mac OS installation breakdown - 404 at end ofinstall, Brady J . Frey, 06/05/2006